THE ACME SWIMMING POOL WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE SEASON AT THE END OF THE DAY ON AUGUST 24th. SEE YOU NEXT SUMMER!
METAL & RUBBLE BINS WILL BACK AT THE TRANSFER SITE FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER, STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 2nd. (These are for the use of Village residents only)
Acme Pool Schedule for August 2014 is in the
Job Type: Management/Administration
Position: Chief Administrative Officer
Municipality: VILLAGE OF ACME
Job Description: The Village of Acme, located 90 km northeast of Calgary, is located in
the heart of a thriving agricultural community. This community of 656
friendly residents prides itself on the variety of recreational facilities and activities as well as one of the top rated schools in Alberta.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, this self motivated individual will be responsible for:
· Directing all operations of the municipality
· Provide leadership and advise to Council and staff and manage operating and capital budgets
· Communicate effectively with Council, Staff, the public and others and
· Assuming the duties as outlined in the Municipal Government Act
The ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum 3 years experience in a Municipal Management and a certificate in Local Government or working towards certification
· Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills self disciplined as well as a demonstrated “team player” philosophy
· Good interpersonal skills are required to deal with Council, staff, the community and other municipalities
· Extensive financial background, strong in budget preparation and financial reporting abilities
· Proficient in information technology in particular Windows and Microsoft Office
· A solid understanding of infrastructure, planning and development
The Village of Acme offers an excellent benefit package. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes with salary expectations to the undersigned.
The Village of Acme thanks everyone for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Send Resumes via Mail, Fax or Email to: