An abundance of productive farmland, clean air and water make Acme an attractive place to live and operate a business. Acme is an agricultural based community, focusing on livestock, extensive livestock and grain operations. It is one of the major employers in the area. Local products include wheat, barley, oats, canola, hay, dairy, beef, cattle, poultry and hogs.
The following tables outline the magnitude of agricultural products in the Region:
* Acme is home to several major trucking firms.
* These businesses transport a wide variety of materials, mainly agricultural products.
* The trucking industry is considered another major employer in the community.
ACME BUSINESS DIRECTORY
* Accounting Services
* Agriculture (Sunterra Farms Ltd.)
* Acme Day Care (Curiosity Corner 403-546-0028); www.acmedaycare.com
* Auto Parts Store (Napa)
* Auto & heavy duty repair
* Bank (Bank of Montreal)
* Bed & breakfast (Country Village B&B)
* Building supplies, contractors and hardware
* Butcher Shop (on Main Street)
* Campground (Frank Fooks Memorial Park)
* Epicure (Katelyn 403-437-4077)
* Excavating and backhoe services
* Gas stations
* Glass installation and service
* Golf (Acme & District Golf Club)
* Grocery & Convenience stores
* Hotel/bar (Acme Inn)
* Postal service
* Restaurants - Blue Ginger 403-546-2031 - Manyee Restaurant 403-546-7024
* RV Sales & Repairs
* RV & vehicle storage
* Tradesmen: heating, plumbing & electrical
* Truck & car wash
* Trucking firms
* Violin Sales/Repair (Main Street)
* DVD movie rentals
The population of Acme is 655. (in 2014)
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
Land use and development approvals are reviewed by the Village's Development Officer and the Municipal Planning Commission to ensure orderly and beneficial use of land.
* Contact the Village of Acme office at 403-546-3783 for more information.
* Large lots (60' X 110') in Phase II of Heritage Estates for future development.
* Phase I of Heritage Estates serviced lots are completely sold.
* Adjacent to Golf Course
* Within walking distance to all amenities
* Recreational facilities galore
* Beautiful maintained parks
FURTHER IN-DEPTH INFORMATION
* Municipal Profiles developed by Alberta's Ministry of Municipal Affairs
* Alberta - A Wealth of Opportunity developed by Alberta Economic Development
* Alberta Economic Highlights developed by Alberta Economic Development
* Alberta Economic Outlook developed by Alberta Economic Development
* Alberta Export and Trade developed by Alberta Economic Development
* Tourism Reports developed by Alberta Economic Development
* Alberta Finance Statistics also contains much information which may be useful