The Village of Acme is seeking a hardworking, motivated team player to work in the Village office. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively alone or with minimum supervision. Candidates must also have excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and excellent oral and communication skills.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is reserved for a student currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
· Digitization and organization of historical and active Village of Acme bylaws, agreements, correspondence and engineering documents
· Assisting the CAO with policy research
· Administrative and clerical tasks as assigned
· Confirmation that the students is currently enrolled in and returning to school full time in the fall of 2017
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
· Study in social sciences with an understanding of municipal government structure
· Research and analytics
The Village Office is now accepting nominations for “2016 Volunteer of the Year” Award. This award will be presented during our Sports Day Celebration on June 17/17. Final date for nominations will be April 30, 2017. Submit your nomination letter soon!
RUBBLE & METAL BINS WILL BE AT THE TRANSFER SITE ON TUESDAY, May 2nd FOR THE MONTH OF MAY. FOR VILLAGE RESIDENTS ONLY. THESE ARE FREE TO USE. No appliances, no construction material of any kind, and no electronics. You can bring: old BBQ's, bikes, hot water tanks, mattresses, carpet, furniture, plastics, etc. If you are unsure if it will be accepted, please ask the Transfer Site Attendant.
ACME ANGELS COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE
Saturday, May 27th from 9am – 4pm
Get rid of your unwanted treasures, and make some cold hard cash!
You must call Trish at 403-546-3988 to get your address on the map!
Acme Campground News
Campground Attendants – Danny & Shannon (403) 352-0291
Attendants are now taking bookings for the 2017 Season.